We at Family Eye Care Associates hope that you and your family are healthy and have weathered the COVID-19 pandemic. Starting the week of May 11th we will begin seeing patients in the office on a limited basis. Our hours for the first week will be Monday thru Friday from 8:30-5:00. These appointments will be reserved mostly for emergency situations, eyewear pick up and frame adjustments. We anticipate opening for routine eye care the following week, the week of May 18th. We have reviewed our policies and protocols in light of the current pandemic to facilitate a healthy visit for you and to protect our staff. There will be a few changes that you will see and some that are going on behind the scenes. We are implementing these steps to try to keep us all safe.
- All patients will be prescreened when making the appointment regarding any current symptoms of COVID-19 in the past or present, or if they have been in contact with someone that has been tested positive for COVID-19. Health information may be collected, prior to the appointment, either by a phone conversation or can be filled in through a patient portal.
- When you arrive at the office you will need to call the office before coming in. Information will be collected in the safety of your car.
- Upon arrival, your temperature will be checked. Any patient with a temperature of 100°F or higher will need to reschedule their exam.
- All patients and their companions are REQUIRED to wear face masks to their appointment. We will not be able to see you if you do not have a mask. Children under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask.
- We will be limiting the number of people in the office to help with social distancing. No persons, other than the patient (or Parent of a patient) will be allowed to wait within the building.
Our goal at Family Eye Care is to keep our patients and staff healthy. Prior to their shift, our staff will be screened for any changes in health and their temperature will be checked. The entire staff will be required to wear a face mask, some may wear a face shield as well. Gloves will be worn for any direct patient interaction. Our equipment will be cleaned, as always, between patients. The entire office will be cleaned several times a day. Any eyeglass frames that have been touched or tried on will be cleaned and disinfected.
We are so excited to see you and your family again. Although things may look a little different than they did 3 months ago, we will continue to provide the same superior service you have come to expect from Family Eye Care Associates. Thank you for trusting us with your eyes for the last 60 years!